Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mother's Day!

Today is Mother's Day. To celebrate, Andi and I went to his cousin's house for brunch - to spend the day with all the mothers in his family.

What a great day!

The boys were gracious enough to allow the mothers to eat first and invited me to join as I was the next "mother-to-be" ... which naturally made my day. As all the ladies sat around the table and shared memories of being a mother, I couldn't help but be excited for the next few years to come. We're at such a piviotal point in our lives; a fork in the road. In a few short months, marriage. A new beginning where Andi and I start our life together. Then, we'll become parents ourselves and share hugs and smiles with our own children.

Since I can remember, I've always dreamed of being a mother. It'll be my greatest accomplishment in life. I long for the day when I learn I'm expecting. I dream of the day I hold my own baby in my arms. What a precious gift to be a mother!

Happy Mother's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment