Monday, October 4, 2010

Last minute cabin trip

Andi and I made a last minute decision to drive up to the cabin this weekend. After working my 4th consecutive Saturday, I really needed to get away to rest and recharge ... even if it was for less than 24 hours. We threw a few clothes into a backpack and hit the road. I'm so glad we did.

The Minnesota fall colors were in full bloom and the landscape was absolutely gorgeous on our drive North. Once we arrived, we stopped in town and bought a take n' bake Chicken Alfredo pizza from Rafferty's (my favorite!), a few bottles of wine and rented Hot Tub Time Machine. Andi started a fire and we curled up on the couch for the absolutely perfect date night.


Lake O'Brien

Road to the cabin

Next weekend we're heading up for one last time to clean the cabin and turn over the keys. Oh man, am I going to miss this place! We've had the best summer up here - so many memories. I hope we'll be able to rent this cabin - or another one - again next summer.

On our drive back yesterday, we stopped and took a few family photos in the fall leaves. There's this cute one of our little family ...


And I can't help but post this one ... can you say senior picture?



No comments:

Post a Comment