Tuesday, November 20, 2012

So long, office life.

Remember being in high school and something dramatic would happen, like not making the cheerleading team or puking in the hallway outside the popular seniors' lockers? Times when life seemed like it just couldn't get any worse - when suddenly the people you thought were your friends didn't want anything to do with you - and you realized those left standing by your side were the ones who really cared about you all along?

Today on my last day at my job, I was seriously touched by fellow co-workers who made a special point to stop by my office and say good-bye, who delivered a thoughtful card, send an email, text message or met me out for dinner tonight. These are people I've shared some fond memories over the years, and a few I've just leaned to know in recent months. I never knew they cared so much. There were also a few I never heard from at all. It's no big deal really, just surprised. I was reminded today why it's important to always be the person you want to be; to be kind and honest and cooperative because you never know how you'll make a difference to someone else.

All of those comments and well-wishes today really meant a lot to me. I hope those people know how much. I tried to reciprocate with hugs and thank you's and I'm happy to know other people enjoyed working with me just as much as I did them. I'm thankful for the friendships I made there.

So long, office life.

No comments:

Post a Comment