Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Waiting Game

Hey, there! Still pregnant. Is anyone surprised?

I experienced a few contractions this morning around 4:30am (nothing progressive) and later when I reported the news to Andi, his eyes bugged out of his head. Based on our baby track record (with Tory being eight days overdue and now being overdue with this one), I think we're both planning for induction with the hope Baby Boy decides to surprise us.

I'm actually fine with the waiting thus far. I had my due date circled in pencil; meaning, I never thought Aden would be born on time anyway. I have experience on my side this time knowing I won't be pregnant forever. I've also been through a successful induction so I'm not nervous if that's how things end up. Basically, I realize nothing about a baby's delivery is in my control, so I'm just taking it day by day. I'm feeling good this time around, which helps me keep a positive attitude. I'm moving around without much discomfort, getting some sleep and not stuck working out of the home somewhere. Things could be much worse.

Funny enough, even at Age 2, Tory is growing antsy to meet her brother. I keep finding her baby dolls stashed in Aden's gear around the house. It slays me every time I stumble on a doll comfortably resting in the baby swing with a dish towel laid over the top of it. Such a mother hen, that little girl.

Baby taking a snooze in Aden's crib

This afternoon, Tory and I were laying on my bed and she said, "Tory hold Baby Aden?" She lifted my shirt up to expose my belly, then said, "Tory find him. Oh, no! Baby stuck."

Yep, kiddo. Aden's stuck all right.

Don't worry, we'll see his beautiful face soon enough. I'm equally excited for that very moment.

4 comments:

  1. Girl, you are such a trooper! I'm always ready to get the baby out WEEKS before my actual due date. Glad you are feeling well though. Hopefully he "surprises" you and shows up on his own VERY soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you are just going with it - well not much else you can do I suppose - but you seem so calm. I don't know how I would handle being past my due date, but like you say that's what you know. I keep waiting to see a post of baby A's arrival...can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Been thinking of you guys this week! Can't wait to see pictures of baby Aden!

    ReplyDelete