Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Maui Bucket List

With only six days until our trip to Maui, my mind is quickly slipping into vacation mode. My work productivity has all but gone out the window and I've started dreaming of mid-day naps and fruity cocktails.

I did a little Googling this afternoon to see what type of activities we should put on our Maui bucket list for next week. Here's what I've come up with so far:
  • Lay in the sun and read a good book. Come on y'all, give me some recommendations! 
  • Get a nice dark tan
  • Pack a picnic lunch and drive the road to Hana. We've heard mixed reviews about this one. It's a all-day trip along a mountainside with lots of waterfalls and cute little towns along the way. The reviews are mixed - some people say it's not to be missed and others say it's not worth the time. We shall see, we shall see.
  • See whales swimming off the coast
  • Rent snorkel gear and swim around looking at the ocean life. Hopefully there's no jellyfish like in Thailand!
  • Go star seeing at the Four Seasons. Hillary Duff just got engaged there
  • Drink Kona coffee on the patio of a local cafe
  • Scope out some hidden beaches
  • Take in the sunset with my honey
  • Hike through Haleakala National Park
  • Check out a farmer's market
  • See a black sand and red sand beaches
Anyone ever been to Maui and have some MUST DO's for us?

No comments:

Post a Comment