Monday, August 22, 2016

Country Heat Meal Plan - Week of August 22-28

I started a new workout program today called Country Heat, and I can't stop thinking about it. It was so much fun!

I'll admit, I was skeptical when information about the program was first announced earlier this year. You'll never see me out on the dance floor at a club or a wedding party because I'm super self-conscious about the way I look; dancing does not come easy to me. But, the more I watched videos of other people exercising to Country Heat, the more intrigued I became. They were smiling and laughing and working up a sweat. So, I decide to try it -- it looked like too much fun not to and fortunately I'm dancing in the comforts of my own private living room!


It's only the first day, but I can already tell what a breath of fresh air this program is going to be for my body and mind. I was nervous about committing to a workout program that doesn't use weights because I don't want to lose the definition I've worked hard to build over the last year, but my legs and abs are sore from this morning's dance session. This program is pushing my body in entirely new ways and it's so light and fun, it's a great mental break from the seriousness of weight lifting and strength training.

I'm committed to following the workout program calendar and sticking to my color-coded portion control Eating Plan for the next 30 days, and excited to see the results to come! Here's my Country Heat meal plan for this week (August 22-28, 2016):
Click the link to download: August 22-28 Meal Plan

One of my favorite meals for this week's plan is Banana Overnight Oats. This recipe was given to me by my cousin, Tara, who's one of my health and fitness inspirations. I make 6-8 servings of these overnight oats for Andi and I to eat for breakfast all week long -- it's easy to double, triple or quadruple as needed!

Here's the recipe:

Banana Overnight Oats
Makes 2 servings
1 serving = 1 purple + 1 yellow + 1 orange container on the Country Heat Eating Plan

1 banana mashed
2 tsp chia seeds
Cinnamon to taste
Vanilla extract (optional)
1/2 c rolled oats
1/2 cup almond milk

Mash banana, combine chia seeds with banana.  Add cinnamon, then oats.  Once mixed add almond milk. Refrigerate overnight, or for up to 5 days. Serve cold, or warm up in the microwave for 30-90 seconds to your liking.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment