Sunday, October 16, 2016

Homemade Pumpkin Spice Granola

My mother-in-law offered to take the kiddos for a few hours this morning and Andi's away on a boys' hunting trip, so I had the ENTIRE HOUSE to myself. It was heavenly! I wasn't sure to do with myself first.

After pacing around aimlessly for a few minutes, I got crackin' on my looong to-do list. First up, meal prep for this coming week. I'm on a huge pumpkin spice kick this fall, if it isn't obvious already, so I whipped together two recipes I've been dying to try: Pumpkin Spice Granola and Pumpkin Pie Energy Bites. Now my kitchen smells like fall EXPLODED, and I can't say I mind it. Here's one of the recipes I made today:

Homemade Pumpkin Spice Granola

Step 1 - Pre-heat oven to 325 degrees

Step 2 - Mix together:
1 1/2 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
1/2 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
1/2 cup raisins
1/2 cup raw pumpkin seeds
1/2 cup raw pecans, chopped
1/2 cup walnuts, chopped
1/4 cup slivered almonds
1/4 cup chia seeds
1 1/4 Tbsp. pumpkin pie spice
1/2 Tbsp. ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp. kosher salt

Step 3 - Mix together:
1/2 cup 100% pure pumpkin puree
1/4 cup pure maple syrup
3 Tbsp. coconut oil, melted
2 Tbsp. unsweetened apple sauce
2 Tbsp. raw honey

Step 4 - Add wet ingredients to the dry ingredients, and mix well. Pour over a large baking sheet and bake for 50 minutes, stirring ingredients every 12 minutes.



Step 5 - Let cool. Store in an air-tight container.

Add 2 Tbsp. of pumpkin spice granola to 3/4 cup plain Greek yogurt, and enjoy!

Recipe slightly adapted from one of my favorite 21 Day Fix inspirations: Spoon Me

One serving of granola = one 21 Day Fix yellow "treat" swap

No comments:

Post a Comment