Enjoy the taste of pumpkin pie without the guilt! These pumpkin pie energy bites are sinfully good and a healthy alternative to the real stuff. I keep them in the freezer and pull one out whenever I need a sweet treat.
Pumpkin Pie Energy Bites
1 cup pitted dates
1/2 cup raw pecan halves (or pecan pieces)
1/3 cup canned pumpkin puree
1/4 cup unsweetened coconut flakes, reserve small amount for garnish
2 tsp. pure maple syrup
2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
1 pinch sea salt
1. Place dates in a medium bowl; cover with water. Let soak for 10 minutes. Drain. Set aside.
2. Place pecans in food processor; pulse until finely ground.
3. Add dates, pumpkin, coconut, maple syrup, pumpkin pie spice and salt; pulse until well mixed. Place in a medium bowl.
Refrigerate, covered, for 30 minutes.
4. Using clean hands, roll into Tbsp. size balls; roll in reserved coconut, if desired.
5. Store, refrigerated, in an airtight container.
1 serving = 2 energy bites
21 Day Fix containers = 1 yellow container treat “swap”
Recipe source: FIXATE Cookbook