Sunday, January 15, 2017

21 Day Fix Meal Plan - Week of January 16-22

It's been a while since I shared my family's weekly clean eating meal plan. Click here to view / download a copy of my plan, including recipes and a grocery shopping list for the week of January 16-22.

------

So, we have an oversupply of half-eaten bananas at our house. Let me explain:

Last year, Andi began serving Tory bananas with a handle; meaning, he'd pull the peel halfway down the banana and snip the droopy parts off leaving a "handle" for her to hold onto at the bottom of the banana. While this might've been be a super genius way for Tory to eat bananas (and now is her preferred method), it has since created dozens and dozens of half-eaten bananas in our household. Maybe hundreds, really. Tory loves bananas.

What's a mom to do with so many half-eaten bananas? It pains me like no other to toss out perfectly good fruit of all things!

The answer is freeze them, of course. At any given time, my freezer contains a gallon-size Ziploc bag full of half-sized bananas. No problem, though, because I use them in my Shakeology, to make banana bread muffins, and in my beloved overnight oats recipes.

On the menu for this week is Blueberry Muffin Overnight Oats, a recipe I haven't made in a long time. I'm excited to enjoy it for breakfasts this week! If you like blueberry muffins, this oatmeal recipe is for you. The combination of banana, blueberries and lemon zest come together to make this overnight oatmeal taste like the sweet bakery treat. Here's the recipe:

Blueberry Muffin Overnight Oats
Serves: 1



Ingredients:
1/2 cup old fashioned oats
1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
1/2 small banana
2 Tbsp. blueberries
1/4 tsp. lemon zest
1/2 tsp. pure maple syrup

Directions:
1. Mash together oats, banana, lemon zest and maple syrup in a small mixing bowl or reusable food storage container. 
2. Pour milk over top of banana oat mixture.
3. Top with blueberries.
4. Close lid and refrigerate oatmeal mixture for at least 4 hours, or overnight.
5. When ready to eat, remove from refrigerator and microwave for 30-90 seconds to your liking, or eat cold - your choice!

Please Note: I'm following the 21 Day Fix Eating Plan and fall into the 1,200-1,499 calorie bracket. Each person should individually determine their own calorie level with following this plan. The colors on my meal plan represent a different color-coded portion control container. If you'd like more information about this Eating Plan or any of these recipes, email me at hcdickson@yahoo.com. I'd love to hear from you!

No comments:

Post a Comment