Tuesday, January 24, 2017

Florida Getaway: Day 2

Saturday was our first full morning on Palm Island in Cape Haze, Florida. I felt a little better than I did the day before, so I kicked myself in the booty to get up and moving. The weather forecasted rain for Sunday, and I didn't want to miss the sunniest day of our weekend vacation.

I got dressed and whipped together some warm maple granola to top yogurt parfaits for breakfast. This granola is like crack to me lately! So clean, so crunchy, so delicious.

Aden liked breakfast so much, he licked his plate clean. 


After the five of us ate breakfast, we headed out for a golf cart ride around Palm Island to see what we could find in our new home away from home. The two-mile stretch of island beachfront is pristine with hardly another person in sight. We followed the road to the end and stopped to play at the beach on Stump Pass. The kids played in the sand and Janie, Andi and I sat beside them. It was relaxing and beautiful.





It's amazing how content the kids can be with a few sand toys, the beach and the sun. We could've stayed out there for hours. And, I suppose we did until it was time for lunch.





Andi grilled steak and tuna for lunch, and I made a kale salad with mango-lime dressing to go with it. We ate al fresco on the patio, and it was just fantastic. How wonderful would it be to eat outdoors in the sunshine everyday?

After lunch, we headed to the resort pool. Once again, we had the pool to ourselves and played there all afternoon.



By 4:00pm, the kids were exhausted. We left the pool and showered off the sand and sunscreen. Tory and Aden ate an early dinner, and Aden passed out on the sofa shortly after. Janie encouraged Andi and I to go for a sunset beach stroll, so we did just that.




Andi grilled fresh shrimp for dinner, and we roasted zucchini and asparagus alongside it. We ended our night with a candlelight dinner on the screen porch. It was a perfectly relaxing day.

No comments:

Post a Comment