Thursday, June 13, 2013

Father's Day Bloopers

This photo session is too cute not to share ...

Last year for Father's Day, Tory gifted her daddy a three-series photo frame of herself holding the letters D-A-D. We've all seen this non-original idea on Pinterest.

2012
It turned out really cute though, and Andi has the frame on his desk at work. I thought this year Tory and I would update the photos as one of Andi's Father's Day presents.

Last week Tory and I traveled to Nebraska and it's been raining non-stop since we returned, so I haven't had a chance to get outside to take the photos. I suppose I could've taken them indoors, but I wanted to recreate the 2012 photos as much as possible. On Tuesday, the sun peeked out from the clouds just long enough for me to throw a cute outfit on Tory and high-tail it to the backyard with my camera. Everyone knows Andi is the photographer of our family so I struggle taking quality photos for him as the recipient, but they're photos of our gorgeous daughter so he's bound to love them, right?

Anyway, I gave Tory a letter "D" and asked her to stand in position. Ha hahahaha. Ha. What was I even thinking? No way a one-year old listens to any sort of direction re: standing and smiling.

Okay, the first one's not so bad ...

Ran to a new background location ... grrrrr.
Let's try a new letter.

Alright, standing = running
Let's try sitting on the stairs

Is that an airplane overhead?

Screw this letter thing ...

Just kickin' it

Oh my gosh, Mom. How many more photos?!

New strategy: set the letter next to Tory

Distracted ...

Peek! 
So OVER THIS, Mom

Crumple, crumple, crumple ...

I'm outta here!


I was frustrated while taking these photos because we didn't get any good ones, but after scanning the out-takes on my camera, I nearly died from the cuteness. These photos were too cute not to share with Andi (and I'm horrible at keeping presents a secret, anyway) so I showed Andi the series when he got home from work that evening.

Today, I'm going to attempt this project again to see if I get better "smile worthy" results and if not, I'll print and frame these photos just as they are. Because doesn't this sum up life with a one-year old perfectly? She cracks me up.

5 comments:

  1. Your not going to believe this but my plan was to update John's frame this year too! ;) However I was fancy last year and bought the D and A from Michael's and have yet to find them in my unpacking, and time's running out!

    Those are so cute though, and I'm thinking I'd have the same luck if I tried them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are adorable! I would just frame a collage of all of these in the name of keeping it real. Life with toddlers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha... kids. Whenever I see those perfect pictures of kids that are cooperating, and clean I wonder how they did it. My kid looks like a hot mess about 99% of the time. These pictures reflect the reality of life.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is too cute! I love it : ) Tory just cracks me up.

    I may be borrowing your idea for Lauren and Reese because I have yet to do anything for Zach!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL I had a very similar experience trying the same thing.
    1. Wait for rain to stop.
    2. Cute outfits for both
    3. Kids running in opposite directions
    4. Hold letters directly in front of face. (better than refusing to hold a letter at all...)
    5. Get carried away by mosquitos.
    6. Try bribes. Fail.
    7. Give up. Sorry dad :)

    ReplyDelete