Friday, June 5, 2015

22/52: A Weekly Photo Series

Tory, Aden and I are visiting my family in Nebraska for two weeks while Andi is traveling for work. This is my favorite time of the year to come "home" -- absent of the holiday chaos or winter weather wreaking havoc on travel. Our time in Nebraska is more relaxed this way, and the kids and I have a chance to connect with family and friends.

We held a big family reunion this past week -- my cousin Tara and her three kids flew in from Pennsylvania with my Aunt Cindy and Uncle Bob (her parents), too. Tara recently moved back to the United States after living abroad, so it'd been a few years since we last saw them.

My cousins Jen and Jes, my sister Ashley, and Tara and I have 11 kids between us all. A cluster of kids were born in 2010-2012, and four of the littlest ones were born in 2013. Baby Benjamin is the newest addition, born only six days ago. We try to take a picture of all the kids whenever we're together, and this time I ordered iron-on numbers for each child to wear on their t-shirts. If there's one picture that sums up our week together, it's this one:


So many blessings! Craziness, constantly!

It's pretty amazing how quickly these cousins took to one another this week. The older ones hadn't met each other but once or twice before and the younger ones never had, but somehow they laughed and hugged and played together like old friends.  

I love my cousins like siblings, and I love their littles ones just as much. Feeling thankful for the unconditional love of family this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment