Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Today was a crazy day ...

Do you ever have one of those days that is neither good or bad, just weird. That was today.

Here's how it went:

First, I woke up to a phone call from Andi who informed me he'd been in a 20 car pile-up on the highway. There's lots of construction on his 30 minute drive to work and I always worry about him driving to and from every day. Today was one of those "get a sinking feeling in your stomach" days. Luckily, he's OK but there is a large gash in his bumper. AKA: a good $1000 in damage.

Second, I was surfing FaceBook today during work and a status from one of my 2nd cousins popped up. "RIP Grandma. You're in a better place now." That could only mean one thing: my great-aunt Connie has passed away. Sort of a strange thing to post on FaceBook in my opinion, but I suppose I write about it here in my blog so how am I to judge. Anyway, I digress. So I called my mom and she confirmed that Connie had in fact passed away today at 1:00pm. So sad. It's a hard reminder that life is all too short and we need to cherish every moment we share with friends and family.

Then it was off to our 3rd marraige class with Pastor Joel. I am really enjoying our marraige classes; it's a great feeling to spend 1 1/2 hours together with Andi talking about our future, goals for our marriage and the commitment we're about to embark on. So today was a sureal moment when we read questions completed by each of our parents about their relationship with their in-laws and their expectations for Andi and I's marraige. As we read the Q/A out loud to one another, I felt a sense of pressure on Andi and I to freeze frame our relationship. Things are so good between us and I want them to stay like this forever. Open communication, romance, adventure ... we are truly blessed to have found one another. Cheers to many happy days ahead.

This evening I went to the mall to meet a girlfriend of mine who's in town for work. We were having a great time chatting and shopping. I found the cutest pair of knee-high brown leather Franco Sarto boots on sale for $30. What a great deal! I zipped the pair on to give them a try and they fit perfectly. YES! I'm getting these. Went to zip them off. Got one. Zipping down the other boot and the zipper gets stuck! I tried to unzip it by myself. Then I sat down on the bench and tried a little harder. No luck. One of the employees is starting to stare so I flag her over.

ME: "Can you help me get this off," I ask?

She grabs a hold of the zipper with her sparkly white fake nail.

EMPLOYEE 1: "Let me go get some scissors," she said.

Now a second employee is watching and she comes over.

EMPLOYEE 2: "Don't cut it off!" she said. "We'll have to damage out the boots."

The second employee tries her hand at the zipper. No luck. Finally they both conclude cutting the boot off is the only way out of this one. How embarrasing!! They cut a boot off my fat calf. OMG. I'm mortified.

I'm home now and celebrating the end of a truly crazy day. Tomorrow will be a better one, we can only hope :)

No comments:

Post a Comment