Wednesday, September 1, 2010

My little shadow

Tell me this isn't the cutest thing you've ever seen?

Brooke - 3 years

My niece Brooke is such a little doll. Every time I'm back in Nebraska I try to spend as much time with her as I possibly can. It's so fun to see how much she's grown and changed since I saw her last.

When my sister and I were little, we adored my aunt Connie. She was young and fun and always bought us all the toys we ever wanted. One time when I was in Middle School, she took me to The Buckle and let me pick out whatever shirt I wanted. Then she bought the same shirt. I remember thinking that was the coolest thing ever - she wanted to be just like me; I loved that.

When I spend time with Brooke I think about those memories a lot. The way she asks to hold my hand, only wants me to give her a bath and always drags my sunglasses and purse around the livingroom. I hope she knows how special she is to me too.

No comments:

Post a Comment