Thursday, May 19, 2011

Happy (Early) Birthday Lindsay!

Last night, we went to Andi's grandma's house for a special 25th birthday celebration for his sister Lindsay. It was an early birthday celebration actually, as Lindsay doesn't turn 25 until next week.

Non-Traditional Birthday Cakes
Andi's grandma made two of Lindsay's favorite desserts
Strawberry Rhubarb Pie and Soda Cracker Pie

We celebrated Lindsay's birthday early because her and her mom, Janie, left for a two-week Europe trip this morning. The year before Andi was born, Janie and her girlfriend back-packed through Europe for six months and Janie celebrated her 25th birthday during that time in Switzerland. It's been Lindsay's dream to celebrate her own 25th birthday in the very spot her mom did and that's exactly what the girls are headed off to do. In addition to Switzerland, they'll also be visiting Austria, Germany and Italy. I'll be the first to admit, I'm SO JEALOUS of their upcoming adventure!

From there, Janie's headed to Paris for two weeks. A different friend of hers is flying to Paris to meet up with her and they're planning to travel around France (something they also did many years ago). I'm also SUPER JEALOUS Janie will be spending time in Paris and the weather will be so much better than when Andi and I visited in December. I admire Janie's spirit of adventure so much; good for her for taking time to experience the world! I can definitely see where her son gets his travel bug ...

I am a little nervous for Janie to be gone for a WHOLE MONTH during my pregnancy. When she come home, there will only be EIGHT WEEKS left before Baby arrives. Plus, she's my Minnesota mom ... what if something goes wrong and I NEED HER HERE? Time for me to be a 30 year old and take a deep breath, I think.

Here's to a happy 25th birthday for Lindsay and an awesome, safe trip for those two. We'll miss you!

No comments:

Post a Comment