Monday, May 9, 2011

Mother's Day 2011

I had a wonderful (un-official) Mother's Day yesterday! I woke up on my own (no alarm) and snuggled in bed with Andi for a while. It's one of my favorite things in the world - to wake up on my own time. I told Andi if he ever wants to get me something for future Mother's Days, he can start by letting me sleep in without any interruptions (I have a feeling it's not going to happen otherwise for many, many years). Maybe part of Andi's present to me yesterday was to lay in bed and talk for a bit too. He's usually one to pop right out of bed and start his day but I love it when he takes a few minutes to cuddle up with me. It starts me in such a good mood. I also called my mom to wish her a Happy Mother's Day as soon as I got up and going for the day; we chatted on the phone for a bit. I wish I was able to celebrate with her and my sister yesterday, but it just wasn't in the cards this year.

Andi's family made the drive over from the Twin Cities to celebrate with us at the cabin (aren't we nice? We made Andi's mom drive to us but she didn't seem to mind too much). My SIL Lindsay and I planned a menu of Chicken Kabobs, Strawberry Spinach Salad and dessert for our little Mother's Day lunch. Afterwards, the five of us took Chloe for a walk around the wooden trails at the cabin. The weather wasn't as nice as it was on Saturday, but we were able to squeeze in some time outside before it started to rain in the afternoon.

Andi and I cleaned up the cabin and drove home around 5pm. We were both really happy to be home last night and pretty tired from the weekend. I think we were in bed by 9pm!

Sorry for the lack of Mother's Day photos! Andi forgot to bring his camera home so I'll have to add them in later. Hard to believe next Mother's Day, our little Tory girl will be here to share in the celebration. Can't wait for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment