Saturday, February 4, 2012

Jim's 60th

Andi's dad, Jim, turned 60 on Thursday!

Janie invited us over to their house for a fish fry and cake to celebrate Jim's big day. Jim's a big outdoorsman and caught some walleye on a recent fishing trip in Canada. Paired with wild rice salad, it was the perfect birthday meal for a true Minnesotan at heart. Lindsay baked Jim a chocolate cake and we brought the ice cream for dessert.

Tory wore her favorite "I Love Grandpa" shirt in honor of the birthday boy.

Grandpa Jim and Tory (later, in her jammies)


This was Tory's first time meeting Andi's grandma Dee.


After dinner, it was time to open presents. Lindsay gave Jim a Minnesota State Fair sweatshirt and his favorite candy.

Andi apparently decided the most practical birthday gift for his dad's 60th was a gun. My dad often tells me in life to "pick my battles" so I didn't ask questions ...

Jim (a big outdoorsman, remember) was shocked as he opened his gift from us ...

... and things are about to get WEIRD. These are photos I never thought I'd be posting on my blog but Andi thinks are hilarious.

Guns are scary. Have I mentioned my feeling on this topic?

I asked Andi what would one shoot with a gun like this? He said it's good for you know, "plinking around and stuff." Cans and targets, I assume.

There are more photos ... like ones where Andi's grandma is holding the gun but I can't bring myself to post them. Too creepy, weird, la la la la, strange.

It should be noted there were no bullets in said gun or anywhere around us at the time of this joyous birthday celebration ...

Ok, moving on ... we're ready for cake!
This was Tory's first time singing "Happy Birthday."


Happy birthday Jim!

1 comment:

  1. Wow thats a nice gift! I'm sure Jim really liked it. Tory looks so big in her I love grandpa onesie. I'll bet she had fun.

    ReplyDelete