Monday, February 6, 2012

Super Bowl Weekend

This weekend was suppose to be our annual girl's trip in Des Moines, but Mother Nature had other plans and dumped 11 inches of snow in Nebraska and Iowa making travel too dangerous for our road tripping adventure. Des Moines isn't necessarily a hot-spot destination, in case you're wondering, but it's half-way between Omaha (where my best friend Ashley lives) and the Twin Cities. Since my girlfriend Val is expecting her second baby next month, this was the last feasible weekend for us all to get together. Sigh, a weekend of girl talk and shopping wasn't in the cards, I guess.

Since Tory and I were planning to be gone this weekend, I told Andi to make other plans with his friends. And he did - he rented an ice house and invited some friends to spend the weekend at the lake, fishing and drinking. There was silence on the other end of the line when Andi told his friends my trip was cancelled. I assume they thought theirs would be too but I'm an awesome wife so, of course, I let Andi still have his weekend. Go on Andi, tell everyone how wonderfully lucky you are ....

Before Andi left Saturday morning, we snapped these photos of the beautiful winter wonderland in our neighborhood. Later that afternoon, Tory and I we ventured to Val's house for an play date with Kasen (too bad he slept for most of it!). Even though we weren't able to meet up with Ashley, I still had a nice time visiting with Val.

On Sunday, Janie came over to play with Tory. I ran to the grocery store and got a much-needed massage. Falling asleep with Tory in the rocking chair at night has limited my ability to turn my neck to one side and it's my birthday week so I thought I deserved a little pampering! Sunday evening, Andi, Tory and I were invited to a SuperBowl Party at my friend/co-worker Suzanne's house. Let's be honest, we mostly went for the food ... I didn't really care who won the game this year.

Tory's first Super Bowl Party. She's a little too excited to watch TV whenever she's near one.

Actually, Tory had a really fun time playing with all the kids at the party. It's nice she can finally sit up and be part of the action.


Suzanne, Tory and I 


Andi and I left at half-time because parenting means bedtime is far more important than Madonna or a football game. When did we become so old and lame?

1 comment:

  1. Love it...Cruzer experienced his first super bowl last night too and just like Tory he LOVES to stare at the lights and action on the TV...argh, I can't let him get into that habit so early!

    ReplyDelete