Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Sunshine Birthday Party

Tory's first birthday parties (plural - she's so special she had TWO!) were sunshine themed. Yellow and cheerful just like my Tory Bean. Admittedly, I sort of have a weird thing against themed decorations (that's why Tory's nursery is lavender with white and black accents - no cutesy characters) and her birthday party was along the same vain - simple and bright.


About a month ago, I was stressing big-time about hand-crafting all of her party decorations. Pinterest is the devil because it's easy to find tons of cute ideas, but then you actually have to MAKE THEM. I used to love crafty stuff but since I had Tory, it's the last thing I feel like doing after she goes to bed at night. Then, I had a brilliant idea! My nanny is super artsy and creative. Since I decided to take a vacation day on Tory's birthday (which fell on a work/nanny day), I propositioned the nanny with an idea. She would get a free day off with pay in exchange for making all my sunshine party decorations. A win, win, right? I gave her some ideas as to what I was looking for and she make some adorable decorations for Tory's party (in, like, an afternoon I might add). I couldn't have been more thrilled with the way they turned out!
You Are My Sunshine highchair banner and tray decoration.
Tory was obsessed with pulling the cherry off the top of the cupcake decoration.

A "Tory's 1st Birthday" banner.
The "You Are My Sunshine" painting was a gift from our nanny featuring Tory's very own hand print.
Yellow frosting cupcakes and cucumber lemonade for all. 
Sunflowers for a table centerpiece.

Pretty yellow and orange paper flowers as outdoor decor.
Bright-colored dress from Carter's.

My sunshine girl was showered with love and gifts throughout the weekend. Our three-day celebration with family deserves a post of its own which I lack the brain power to compose at the moment. More details to come about Tory's first birthday ....

1 comment:

  1. Adorable!! Very creative...you're lucky to have a nanny with that talent...would she want to fly down to Omaha to do Cruz's 1st birthday?

    Happy birthday Tory girl!

    ReplyDelete