Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Fresh Catch

Happy Halloween from the house chef and his lobster!


For Tory's first BIG Halloween (when she wasn't just a wiggly little thing), I was set on her having her dressed in an adorably cuddly costume. In July, Andi and I picked out a cute lion sweatsuit for her to wear and I've been counting the days until I get to dress her up in it. See what parenting does to a lady? I don't even like Halloween and I'm excited for today.

Cut to a few days ago when my thoughtful (but sometimes rogue) husband posted a picture on Facebook of a baby in a lobster costume. "I found the perfect Halloween costume for Tory!" he said. What the heck?! She's suppose to be a lion! I refrained from writing a snappy comment on his Facebook post, because that's what good wives do, and when Andi came home from work that night I firmly reminded him Tory's going to be a lion for Halloween. He sulked around a few minutes, then agreed she could be both a lobster and a lion. After all, Amazon was already in the process of shipping the costume, stock pot and a chef coat to our house. 

So, the chef dressed up his little lobster last night and they had a ball chasing each other around the living room. Tory didn't mind the costume one bit, but she wasn't so sure about sitting in the stock pot. I guess every lobster knows when they're about to be cooked!

After work tonight, we're taking our little lion trick-or-treating around the neighborhood, then over to grandma's house for more celebrating. 

7 comments:

  1. That's so cute! I can't wait to see her as a little lion, too! She's the cutest!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's SO cute! I love how he was excited to be a part of her costume. I don't think my husband would dream of dressing up in anything!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute! Lilah was a lobster for her first halloween as well. I'm from Maine so I thought it was appropriate :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Paul is a lion, too. I love the cute little roars.

    The whole lobster theme came out well - that must be a very large stockpot!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the lobster costume! I can't wait to see the lion too : )

    ReplyDelete