Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Ixtapa, Mexico: Day 4

Andi and I decided to take it easy on our fourth day in Ixtapa. (As if our vacation has been all that taxing. Ha! It definitely been the most relaxing few days we've experienced in some time).

Our morning wake-up time has become increasingly later each day of vacation. Today, we woke up at 8:30am and finally made our way down to breakfast at the hotel restaurant 45 minutes later. I ordered the usual - fruit, house-made granola, and lovely buttery, flaky croissants while reminding myself to keep my eating in check. My stomach is seriously so full from all the delicious food we've been eating. Andi branched out with a breakfast bruschetta dish, topped with marinated chicken, red salsa and sour cream. Capella also makes the most delicious freshly squeezed fruit smoothies and juices for breakfast. I've become hooked on the "Green juice," a mixture of a few different green fruits and veggies (one of them cactus!). Andi likes the Capella sunrise.

Healthy breakfast smoothies and juices



We hurried through breakfast to claim prime spots by the pool for today's relaxation adventure. Free for the taking, Capella has private cabanas to use, you just have to get there first. We wanted a cabana all to ourselves and once we secured it, we spent the better part of our day curled up on the comfortable lounges. Both Andi and I were still fairly sunburned from the first day in Ixtapa, so the shady cabana was just what the doctor ordered. It was as glamorous as in my dreams - a straw roof, complete with a ceiling fan to keep the warm breeze moving over us and a waiter to bring us beverages and snacks all day.



I read What Alice Forgot, cover to cover, under the cabana while Andi finished his book Wild laying right next to me. I can't remember the last time I so lazily laid down and devoured a book in one sitting. I didn't think it was in Andi's DNA to sit still for so long, but he did it! At one point, I looked over at him and he was fast asleep and it made me beam from ear to ear. It feels so good to see Andi relaxed because he works so hard most of the time. He deserves it!

For our last night in Ixtapa, we decided to have a fancier dinner at La Casa Que Canta. Once again, my romantic husband rented the entire restaurant for our dining pleasure! Just kidding. Apparently, we're the only people in the world who like to eat dinner before 9:00pm. Andi and I were the only people seated on the restaurant patio, with sweeping ocean views as we watched the sun go down. Fine by me, is all I can say. It was a lovely dinner, just the two of us. We shared a sampler platter of tuna ceviche, caprese salad, sashimi and toasted house-made breads. For dinner, Andi ordered a dual plate of seared tuna and shrimp and I had a filet with chicken tortilla soup on the side. It was all delicious. (I know I say everything was delicious but all the food we've eaten has been so good!)


Sunset dinner


Sampler platter

The happiest girl in the world

Last day in Mexico tomorrow...

3 comments:

  1. I'm developing a serious case of vacation envy! It looks like you guys are having an AMAZING time. One day in that cabana sounds like heaven!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel more relaxed just while reading your recaps each day. I’m impressed at how disciplined you are about writing them! Do you do it while you’re there or when you get home? Do you take a lot of notes on the trip?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jessica - I'm kind of nuts about it, actually. I don't want to forget any details about our trip, so I usually type up a quick recap of the prior day while we're lounging around on vacation or on the plane ride back home.

    Andi and I like to re-read the recaps from time to time and remember our trip, so documenting all we saw and did pays off!

    ReplyDelete