Thursday, February 14, 2013

Love Quiz

In honor of Valentine's Day, I thought it'd be fun to answer these couples questions I came across the other day. After seven years together, three houses, new jobs, marriage, one kiddo, countless vacations, and way too many cell phones to count, Andi and I have been through quite a lot together. We've enjoyed many more peaks than valleys and after all we've experienced, I truly believe there's no one else in this world better suited for me.

1.  What is one thing you always disagree on as a couple?
What to order for take-out. Andi always wants Chinese/Vietnamese and it's probably my least favorite food category. But, since there's a restaurant close to our house and they deliver for cheap, Asian food always wins out. My top choice? Mexican, all the way.

2.  What is one thing you always agree on?
Taking a vacation. We're both always up for an adventure, so whether it's an overnight trip to Northern Minnesota or an exotic vacation to the Caribeean, it takes little persuading from the other person to book a trip and go.

3.  If you had the money to buy your significant other any one thing right now, what would you buy them?
It's a tough question to answer when you're married to the guy who buys everything he wants (of small monetary value, at least). I have a difficult enough time coming up with presents to buy him on holidays and his birthday! If I had the money for anything, I'd probably buy us out of our rental properties and pay off some debt so we could really live the way we want to - travel more, less worry about mortgages, bills, etc.

4. What were your thoughts when you first met your other half?
Andi and I first met while working for the same company. I remember being mezmorized by the way he conducted himself in a professional setting. Andi has a way of commanding a room when he speaks and everyone around him has much respect for the things he says, me included.

5.  What did you do on your first date with one another?
Unofficially, our first date was to a steakhouse in Kansas City as part of a work trip. I think we were both still dating other people at the time and therefore, it wasn't really an official date ... but it was when I think back to the butterflies in my stomach and excitement I felt when we spent the evening together. I wore a green sweater shawl thingy with jeans and black boots. After dinner and drinks, we were feeling tipsy on the walk back our company's hotel and Andi paid for a $5 cab ride up a giant hill so we didn't have to trudge up it. I was so in awe of him and the way he took care of everything. Ha! Not much has changed.

6.  What does your dream vacation look like?
Andi and I would love to take off for a few months and travel. We talk about renting a boat and sailing across the world. Or, I'd love to rent a few houses as pit-stops along the way and backpack through Europe.

7.  When did you first know you were going to marry your spouse?
It's always been different with Andi, from day one. He's not like other guys I've known in my lifetime and that's what has always attracted me to him. I think I knew he was the one the day we said "I love you" to one another. It wasn't long after we started dating and we were laying on his bed, which was in his grandma's basement at the time. Ha! I knew then we'd be together for the long haul.

8.  What physical feature do you love the most about your spouse?
Hmmm... I love the way I feel when I'm nuzzled into the crook of Andi's neck. It feels warm and safe and he smells delightful. I love Andi's eyes even more now since we've had Tory. She has similar facial expressions and I smile every time I see him through her.

9.  What is something weird your spouse does while asleep?
Kind of a weird question; Andi doesn't really do anything out of the ordinary.

10.  What do you admire most about your significant other?
Andi's a great problem solver and he's always two steps ahead of me. I think that's one reason he's so successful in his career. He's able to see the big picture, come up with Plan B and C just in case and execute some fantastic outcomes for his clients.

11.  Who wears the pants?
It depends in which area of our life we're talking (re: Tory, the household, finances, etc.) but generally, I'd say Andi wears the pants. He's usually the one to do the research for big purchases and together we make the final decision.

12.  How did you two meet?
As I said above, we met as co-workers in previous jobs. For the first 1 1/2 years, we were good friends and eventually became romantically involved.

13.  Describe your other half in 3 words.
Driven. Sexy. Soulmate.

No comments:

Post a Comment