Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Easter 2015

Andi and I decided to stay in Minnesota for Easter this year for the first time ever. I've never not celebrated Easter at my parents house so it felt a little strange to be doing our own thing, but still fun nonetheless. Andi was suppose to be traveling right up until Easter weekend (his event ended up being cancelled last-minute) and when we traveled to Nebraska last year, it seemed like such a whirlwind series of events. We decided staying close to home would allow us to better enjoy the holiday.

I'm actually glad we weren't traveling this year because I've been down and out with a nasty sinus cold for weeks. Low energy, cough, congestion and horrible sinus pressure. I've been sick for three weeks, and I'm so tired of it! I finally went to Urgent Care on Saturday, got an antibiotic, and I'm starting to feel better this week. Andi started to come down with a cold over the weekend too, so we were both feeling less than stellar for Easter this year. Such a bummer feeling that way over a holiday.

Anyway, we hosted Easter at our house this year. Andi's mom, Janie, went to church with us Easter morning then Andi's dad Jim, sister Lindsay, and Lindsay's husband Kyle joined us at our house for lunch afterwards.



The Easter Bunny stopped by our house while we were at church. He brought Tory and Aden lots of goodies in their baskets, and Grandma Janie and Grandpa Jim spoiled the kids with Easter baskets too. My parents, Nana and Papa, sent Tory and Aden cute Disney character reusable shopping bags filled with clothes, bubbles, kites and treats too.




For lunch, Andi made Creamy Chicken and Herbed Skillet with green beans and red roasted potatoes. Lindsay and Kyle made asparagus with prosciutto as well. It was really nice to have a quiet, sit-down lunch together for Easter. 

   
Andi, Kyle and Lindsay hid plastic Easter eggs in the backyard after lunch for the kids to find. Aden was a little too young this year to understand the meaning of egg hunts (and it doesn't help that he isn't walking on his own yet), but Tory had a blast running all around collecting eggs in her basket. 







Easter always has a way of renewing my faith in God. I'm thankful for a Savior who was crucified and resurrected for me, and also for my family and this life of mine. Happy Easter!

No comments:

Post a Comment