Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Stitch Fix Round-Up: #10 & #11

My wardrobe is in desperate need of new fall season items. I was a larger size this time last year, so nothing I wore then really fits anymore. Jeans, tops, dresses -- to consignment they went. Now, it's time to fill my closet again.

Stitch Fix is really the only way I shop for myself anymore. I can't beat the convenience, and my stylist is really starting to understand my style. Not that I have a lofty bank account to support buying all the clothes Stitch Fix sends me! I only keep the items I really, truly love. For this reason, I stopped buying clothes at Target and Gap and Old Navy. Nothing I ever buy there makes me feel as confident as SF's clothing.

My Stitch Fix boxes arrive so quickly now, I barely have a chance to blog about them before another one arrives! (Clearly, personal time to write has been hard to come by.) Anyway, here's some of my recent items:

AUGUST 2015 Fix #10


Mavi Freida Skinny Jeans in Navy


Stitch Fix's skinny jeans are my weakness - I simply can't say no! The fit is always spot on with my body type, no matter the brand. These jeans are soft and smooth, almost like velvet in a non-weird way. I love them! No question; KEPT.

RD Style Hollen Raglan Knit Top


I love the lightweight fabric of this sweater; it's perfect for fall. I've worn it with the red skinny jeans I received in my very first Fix, or regular denim jeans. My only gripe are the "holes" in the knit. Aden likes to dig his fingers into them when I carry him around so I'm not sure how long it'll last. KEPT.

Mo-Ka Simon Lightweight Jacket


Honestly, this is the one item from August Fix I would've sent back had it not been for the "buy all five" discount. It seems a little big, no? And, I have the Market & Spruce Chaplin Hooded Anorak Cargo Jacket from a previous Fix that I already own and LOVE. 

I joined one of those Facebook Stitch Fix Buy/Sell/Trade pages so maybe I'll try to sell it on there. KEPT (for the discount). 

Pixley Beaverton Crochet Split Back Knit Top


Love this light-weight top. Comfortable, easy to wear with jeans, and the back-detail gives it a fun flare. KEPT.

Loveappella Evie Draw String Funnel Neck Sweatshirt


Easy like Sunday morning ... this sweater is so comfortable to wear while still looking like I cared to get dressed in the morning. I like it with jeans, but also think it'd wear well with leggings. KEPT.

--------

SEPTEMBER 2015 Fix #11

And, now I do that very time-consuming thing where I search Pinterest boards to find the names of all the clothing I sent back when an easier method would've been to save my style card. BAH. Bear with me.

Denim Boyfriend Jeans


Boyfriend jeans just .... aren't me. I know the fit is suppose to look baggy, but these didn't feel flattering. Like, if I wore them for more than an hour they'd stretch out and droop in the behind. SENT BACK.

Cotton Striped Top with Sleeve Detail 
(The official term)  


I hem-hawed about this shirt because it was really comfortable and easy to wear with jeans. Perfect for my stay-at-home-mom lifestyle. I liked how the lace sleeve detail really kicked things up a notch, and turned this average striped shirt into something fancier. But in the end, I couldn't justify the $50-ish price tag. SENT BACK.

Striped Henley


I really liked this top -- the colors and the pattern are so pretty for fall. I tried this top on over and over again ... and even modeled it for my mother-in-law for a second opinion. At the time, I thought it looked too big and figured if I was questioning the fit so deeply it should probably go. SENT BACK. (... but now I kinda wish I would've kept it!)

Off-White Colored Open Sweater Cardigan


I liked this one, too (and I still sorta do!) This open cardigan would be so easy to wear in the fall. When I tried this cardigan on, it looked too big. Like, I was swimming in it. Maybe that was the style? I asked my mother-in-law for her opinion and she didn't think the off-white color was my best color. SENT BACK.

Blue and Orange Striped Sweater
 

This sweater fits like a glove and is so, so soft to the touch. The weather hasn't been cool enough to wear it yet, so I'm excited to have the chance to try it. KEPT.

2 comments:

  1. Agree with all f your decisions (and such cute stuff!) except I really like that plaid henley too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really love that last sweater!!! I agree with your decisions and by the way you look amazing!! Miss you

    ReplyDelete