Friday, August 5, 2016

Homemade Blueberry-Coconut Water Popsicles

-->
My new favorite kitchen gadget? A Popsicle maker. It's so fun and easy! Can't believe I didn't have one of these before. 

The kids and I have made a few different recipes this summer. Tory likes the strawberry lime ones best (pureed strawberries, lime zest, honey), and the blueberry coconut water ones are my favorite. Best of all, these homemade Popsicles are healthier than store-bought frozen treats. 

Here’s the recipe for the blueberry-coconut water ones (if you can even call it a recipe; it's so simple!):

Ingredients:
Coconut water
Fresh (or frozen) blueberries

Directions:
Place a small handful of blueberries in a frozen ice pop maker (I bought this one on Amazon). Then, fill each Popsicle mold with coconut water. Freeze for 3-4 hours. When you’re ready to eat, run the entire mold under warm water for a few seconds to help remove the frozen Popsicles. Enjoy immediately.  


I removed all of our homemade Popsicles from the mold when they were frozen, and individually wrapped them in Saran wrap. I store them together in a Ziploc bag and wrote the flavor on the outside label. That way, the frozen treats are ready to grab and eat ... and I can keep experimenting with other flavor combinations. The sky's the limit, really! 

No comments:

Post a Comment