Friday, December 2, 2011

Stuff Your Box Party 2011

Thursday night, Andi and I hosted friends at our house for our "Stuff Your Box" holiday party. Some of our favorite people stopped by to toast to the holidays and swap Christmas cookies. In past years, I've invited a small group of girls to Andi's work kitchen to bake all of our cookies together. But this year, we decided to invite the boys too and add booze to the mix. It was so much fun!

During the party, I kept thinking to myself how lucky we are to be surrounded with so many great friends. I had a blast chatting with people I only see a few times a year and those I see three times a week. What's also fun is how so many different circles of friends mingle and get to know one another.


I am so thankful for Andi's mom and dad because without their help in babysitting Tory I wouldn't have been able to get dressed, let alone entertain 30 people at my house! Once Tory went to Grandma and Grandpa's house, I whipped up these yummy appetizers (buffalo chicken dip, meatballs, caprese and bacon-wrapped dates stuffed with blue cheese).

Our friends are amazing bakers! What beautiful treats everyone brought to share for our "stuff your box" cookie exchange. There were pretty green rosettes from Jenna, Swedish sugar cookies from Tom and Niki, caramels from Suzanne, Andes mint cookies from Danielle, reindeer sugar cookies from Jessie and so many more. But by far, the most popular cookie were the "bitch tits" from Jill (aka: gingerbread women with boobs). I not sure the mailman will appreciate those cookies in his Christmas tin from us. Or will he ....



I'd envisioned having adorable paper invitations with matching stickers on cookie tins and place cards next to every tray, but I couldn't pull it together this year. It was too much of an undertaking with Tory. I was feeling overwhelmed just making appetizers and decorating the house while wearing her in the baby sling. Despite not having all the fancy party touches, we still gave everyone a Christmas tin to take their cookies home in. Next year, I told Andi, we'll have to have a kids party and invite Santa to visit. He wasn't so stocked on that idea. Maybe he's too skinny to pull off a Santa suit anyway ...

No comments:

Post a Comment