Monday, August 27, 2012

Tory's 1st Trip to the State Fair

If you're not from around here, you probably don't realize the summer rite of passage, if you will, of the Minnesota State Fair. It takes place the week before Labor Day every summer, and Andi and I have made it a point to visit every year since we began dating. I remember my first taste of buttered corn on the cob (the best you'll ever have), numerous trips to the Miracle of Birth Center, trying just about any kind of food on a stick and visiting Andi's sister Lindsay who works at the State Fair full-time. Most of all, how could I forget our multiple trips last summer as we attempted to "walk the baby out" by touring the fairgrounds for hours and hours with a very, very pregnant belly? Since Tory's birthday is during fair time, I think she'll always have a special love for the fair, too.

Three years ago, Andi and I decided to make a State Fair video about our yearly experience and it's become somewhat of a ritual.

2012
MN State Fair 2012 from Andi Dickson on Vimeo.

This year was Tory's first trip to the fair. Despite the hot, humid weekend weather (GAH - so many people! so much body odor!), Tory had a blast taking in the sights and sounds. I let her taste all the foods we ate (pickles, turkey sandwich, ice cream and lemonade), we watched the parade and visited the Little Farm Hands exhibit. I can't wait to go back next year when she'll be able to enjoy all the food, animals and activities even more!

6 comments:

  1. Love it! It looks like a perfect trip to the fair : ) Tory is so cute, can't wait to see all of you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! I wish I had the skills to put together little videos like that, what a great little memento :) Looks like you had a great day! We weren't brave enough to tackle the fair with Anika this year and I'm starting to regret it, I love the fair!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the video! Um... I can't believe that's all you ate at the fair, that would constitute what I would eat in the first hour there - what about the mini donuts and the cheese curds and the big pretzels and the corn ice cream and the list goes on and on :) Also, we LOVE the little farm hands exhibit and have done it every year since Allie was 15 months, it is so cute to watch what she can do each year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah how fun!!! I bet the fair is more fun experiencing it with Tory :). She looks so big!! And... this might be weird to say, but I love your chin! You have one of the best most photogenic chins ever! And I don't even notice most chins! And! And! Rockin the skinnies!!! Love it all!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Holy crap that video is ADORABLE. Great idea.

    Also, love your pants, I want them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How cute!!!! We are still needing to get out there! Deep fried pickles are yelling my name ;)

    ReplyDelete