Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Three Years

Andi and I celebrated our third wedding anniversary (officially) on Tuesday. THREE YEARS! Part of me can't believe it's only been three years because, really, I can't remember my life before this man. Yet, I couldn't help but remember throughout the course of the day just how many things have changed in our relationship in three short years. A new house, new baby, new cars and the start of Andi's business. Time has a funny way of playing tricks on you that way.

Yesterday was like any other normal, uneventful day for the most part. I was up with a teething Tory for most of the wee morning hours (side note: I'm starting to realize the whole "baby sleeping through the night" thing is really an evil lie people say to convince others to have children because hahahaha, no, my child definitely doesn't sleep through the night. EVER). Andi and I both went to work and bee-lined home a little early to make our annual trip to Noerenberg Gardens -- the place we were married.

We started the tradition of visiting the gardens on our first wedding anniversary to remind ourselves of our vows and celebrate one year of wedded bliss. Last year, I was hugely pregnant during our visit and this year, we had a little 11-month-old in tow. How much life changes in the span of a few years ...

The columns where we were married in 2009

On this circle, we stood and recited our vows over very gusty winds
"I dooooooo!"
This is where you were married, Mom and Dad?

Hooray for three years together!
Afterwards, we went home and I put Tory to bed while Andi whipped up a fancy dinner of flat iron steak, baked potatoes, corn on the cob and green beans. We sat down to dinner and talked about our day. Simple and perfect, just how I wanted to celebrate our third anniversary together.

5 comments:

  1. Happy anniversary! I love that you go back to where you were married each year. That's really sweet. We only live half hour or so from where we were married, but haven't been back since :( Never really thought to take a visit, but I think we will go next year. It will be our 5th anniversary, so fitting that we do something extra special!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy anniversary! What a fun tradition and it's so cool to look back and see what has changed every year since you were married!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Anniversary! I bet Tory and any other children you have will think it's cool to go to that spot every year (until they're teenagers, at least)!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy anniversary! What a cute tradition!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Anniversary!! It's funny because I will NEVER forget your anniversary or how many years you've been married...since it will always be the day before us. Can you believe it's been three years! Congrats girl!

    ReplyDelete