Thursday, April 11, 2013

Seven reasons why not to get my undies in a bunch because it's snowing in April

Inside my house, tiny pink flowers are blossoming on branches set out on my dining room table ...


Outside my house ... not so much.


A fresh new pile of snow has been falling outside most of today and while I want to complain about how much I'm tiiiired of winter weather and I am oooover being cold all the time, I'm also trying to remember this is Minnesota and complaining about the forecast doesn't change anything. We're the ones who choose to live here.

Instead, I'm trying to focus on the good things this snow storm is bringing our way because positivity is better than being a bitter party of one all day. At least that's what I keep telling myself ...

******
Seven reasons why not to get my undies in a bunch
because it's snowing in April
(with extra use of exclamation points because it's more convincing that way)

1) This is probably the last snow we'll see this year! Right? I mean, right God? This has to be the last time so we should enjoy it!

2) All this snow will melt fairly quickly I'm sure and it'll be great for my yard and future flower beds. Soak up the moisture, ground! The more precipitation we get now, the less I have to water later. (At least that seems to make sense).

3) Andi bought me auto start for my truck this winter and it's been a lifesaver. How great is it that I've been able to use my auto start for an extended period of time this winter / spring? How convenient! Always a warm vehicle. Perfect.

4) Our cabin lake was looking a little low last fall, so all this snow / snow melt will be great for boosting up the water level again. Super! We'll be swimming and boating in no time!

5) When it snows, at least the annoying neighbor kid who bounces his basketball directly outside our bedroom window isn't outside shooting hoops. That's a big win right there. Score!

6) As crappy as the snow is, I have no reason to complain because I didn't have to drive anywhere today. Being a stay-at-home-mom means I never have to see traffic like this again.

Traffic pic Andi text me on his drive into work this AM
Go ahead, try to avoid the "red" roads
Tory and I stayed home today and watched the snow fall outside our living room window. If I have to experience a snow storm, that's my favorite place to be.

7) And finally, well, I actually can't come up with a seventh reason. I'm tired of this crappy weather just like everyone else is. If my kid would stop refusing naps today and actually rest a bit, maybe we could even go outside and play in this powdery white stuff one last time.

2 comments:

  1. This HAS to be the end of it, right?! I was thinking about how lucky you are this morning during my hour and a half drive to work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah I was positive the nasty march storm we had was the last of it so this one was not cool. I was however, thankful for a flexible job that meant it was easy to call in & not have to mess with going out. Also, since it SHOULD (!!!) melt fast, we didn't even bother cleaning out the driveway. I'm going to the Twins game tomorrow though and would prefer a nice April day...

    ReplyDelete