Saturday, April 20, 2013

Southern Escape

Enough with the cold, snowy Minnesota weather!

We packed a bag and boarded a last-minute flight to Savannah, GA this weekend. The forecast is calling for slightly cooler than normal temperatures, but anything will feel better than 40 degrees at home. Remember when I tried to convince myself not to get too upset over that early April snowstorm outside my window? Well, another one happened this week and this time Andi and I concluded a retreat to warmer weather was more than necessary.

Tory's along for the ride, so our weekend won't likely be jammed full of fine dining and fancy cocktails. We're staying at a quaint little condo across from Forsyth Park and planning many leisurely walks along the river and a trip to Tybee Island, so we'll still have plenty of fun.

Forsyth Park

Savannah's been on our "must see" travel list, so I'm excited to explore the city and add another spot in Tory's Places book. T-shirts and flip flops ... here we come!

2 comments:

  1. Oh wow. I'm jealous. Enjoy and hope that Tory sleeps beautifully each night and naps during the day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you had a wonderful weekend!! I love Savannah! Sorry the warmer temps took a hike this weekend too. Crazy weather!

    ReplyDelete