Monday, November 15, 2010

Philly, Baby

Andi and I took a trip to Philadelphia this weekend. My cousin Tara had a baby in August and since I've been looking for an excuse to get out there and visit her, I thought the new baby was the perfect chance.

We arrived into town Friday evening, rented a car and drove to their house in the suburbs. Tara greeted us at the door with Baby Henry and oh my, is he a doll. So absolutely adorable! We spent most of Friday night catching up and getting to know each other. I haven't seen Tara in almost two years and it was the first time Andi and I had met her husband Henry or they'd met Andi. We cooked dinner and drank wine and told stories about our childhoods and our lives in our respective cities. I'm so happy we all hit it off so well.

On Saturday, my Aunt Cindy and Uncle Bob drove up from their town about an hour and a half away. Cindy's my mom's sister and I haven't seen her since she and Bob moved from Nebraska seven years ago. Seven! It's hard to believe it'd been that long. I really missed all of them and enjoyed every minute of Saturday as we hung around the living room, caught up and snuggled little Baby Henry.

Isn't he just the cutest little thing you've ever seen?

 My aunt Cindy, Baby Henry and I

 Big Henry, Tara and Baby Henry

Bob and Cindy

 My hunky husband and I

On Sunday, we ate breakfast and headed into the city to do a little sight seeing. Andi had never been to Philly before so we decided to do a whirlwind tour of the city. I really wanted to see the Reading Terminal Market (a place my Philly work friends always talk about) so we headed there first. It was really neat to see all the food vendors and all the excitement. Andi and I really like stuff like that.

Reading Terminal Market

We also walked by the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier, saw the Liberty Bell and the famous Rocky steps at the Philadelphia Museum of Art, then headed to Geno's for the "best" philly cheese steak in the city. The line was crazy long at Geno's - even at 2pm - so we waited in line and then ate our first cheese steak ever. We weren't all that impressed. Or, that's what we decided after we burped it up for seventeen billion hours afterwards. Ugh. But it's what you do in Philly and we did it.


Overall, we had an awesome time in Philly and can't wait to visit Tara and Henry again some day. Next time we see little Henry, it'll be June and he'll almost be a year old. Glad we took the opportunity to see them when we did!

1 comment:

  1. Looks like you had a great time! I can't believe how much little Henry looks like Tara!

    ReplyDelete