Monday, November 22, 2010

The Skinny

While I was in Nebraska this weekend, my mom and I went Christmas shopping. Andi and I are flying home for Christmas this year so my weekend visit was the perfect time to buy as many presents there as possible. Less to ship, after all. I rarely get to spend any alone time with my mom, so we had a really fun time just us two. As we were shopping, she was telling me about the last time she visited the Gap and the incredible sales they were having. And, it just so happened, as we stopped in the Gap on Saturday they were having a 40% off everything in the store sale. Isn't that nuts? 40% is a lot, especially off sale items! It was the perfect nudge to convince me to try on a pair of these:

Skinny jeans.

Me?

Yep, I finally bit the bullet and bought a pair.

I haven't been the biggest fan of Gap jeans in the past, but these are so cute. And because they're form fitting, they actually fit my booty (which was the problem with other Gap jeans I'd tried before). At 40% off, I would have been silly not to dip my toe into Fashion 2010. I can't believe how much I like them. Even better? They're jeggings (read: jeans that are leggings). How trendy am I?! Makes me feel like I'm firmly planted in my 20's instead of knocking on 30's door.

2 comments:

  1. I was afraid of skinny jeans (and leggings) too - Just wait you'll buy more! Think of how nice it will be to come in from the snow and not have the bottom 5" of your pants covered in snow :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I look like a candy apple in all skinny jeans except the jeggings I got from the Gap.

    ReplyDelete