Thursday, July 28, 2011

A heartbreaking rite of passage

I'm completely bias when it comes to the awesome beauty of my niece, Brooke. Wouldn't you agree, she's the cutest little four-year-old you've ever seen?


So, when my sister emailed me this photo late Tuesday night I almost cried:


Guess someone decided it was time for a shorter look...
Luckily, my sister is a former cosmetologist and shaped Brookie's hair into a cute little bob.


At least she seems to like it ...
As heartbreaking as this is, wouldn't you say it's a rite of passage for every little girl? I remember my sister doing the same thing to her own hair (and mine!) around this age. My sister took a scissors to the back of my head while I was sleeping when I was in the 3th grade which resulted in me cutting off my beautiful long brown hair for a cute shoulder-length bob. At the same time, she took the scissors to her own bangs. I'm sure it's hard for my sister to find comfort in that story about now.

Anyone else remember cutting their own hair when you were a kid? 

The good news is, it's only hair. And it'll grow back again. What an ornery little thing ....

1 comment:

  1. I never cut my hair, but Jamie cut her's once. Asked my mom for a pair of scissors and a brown paper bag. My mom figured she was going to cut the bag, but she went behind a chair instead and used the bag to catch her soon to be cut bangs.

    ReplyDelete