Tuesday, July 26, 2011

One Lucky Girl

It's week two in our new house and we're LOVING our new place. I think Andi and I have mentioned about 20 times in passing how glad we are to be there. And surprisingly, I don't miss my old house one bit. As much as I thought I would (and as much as I loved it the five years we lived there), having air conditioning a convenient laundry room, more than one bathroom, closets and storage, GLORIOUS STORAGE!, far outweigh the old house's city charm. Andi said the other day, "I can really see Tory growing up here" and I couldn't agree more. It was definitely the right move for our budding family.

As I've been nesting around the house with little organizational projects here and there, my husband has morphed into ultra-management mode and tackled big-time projects left and right. Somewhere between working full-time, planning/hosting a bachelor party last weekend and doting on me, he's managed to accomplish painting the garage interior, staining the back deck, hiring a locksmith and setting plans for our landscaping. Last night, there were truly five different workers deployed on various household projects outside while we hosted a birthday party for Andi's mom. The way he manages all that chaos truly amazes me, and I'm so thankful. I haven't felt stressed about the move or organizing our new digs once, and it's all because of him.

This weekend's our second wedding anniversary and after tossing ideas back and forth, we've decided to stay close to home and celebrate. There's no where we'd rather honor two years together than in our new home.

No comments:

Post a Comment