Monday, November 21, 2011

Florida Keys: Day 5

Sunday, our last day in Duck Key ...

Tory woke us up around 7am and the three of us snuggled in bed for a bit before Andi got up and made breakfast while I fed and changed the baby. The upside of being the primary caregiver for Tory (as mothers generally are) on this trip is I never had to make a meal once and I never cleaned up afterwards either. I did, however, get up several times during the night and barely had time to shower but you know, whatever.

After breakfast, we loaded Tory into the Baby Bjorn and took a warm sunny stroll around the resort property. Seriously, Tory LOVES her Bjorn carrier. I don't know what we would've done on this vacation without it. On our walk, I scouted out Calm Waters Spa where Andi was lovely enough to book me a massage appointment that morning. An hour to myself to rest and relax is much appreciated these days. The 'nautical compass' treatment was basically like paying a lady to massage my head for an hour ... and it was amazing. I get goosebumps just thinking about it again.

Next up, we decided to check out Bahia Honda State Park, about 30 miles south of Duck Key. Andi and I were feeling adventurous and decided to brave Tory's cries in the car seat. She has to like it eventually, right? I dug out a pacifier from her bag (which she normally refuses to take) and sat in the back seat with her on the drive. Surprisingly, she took the binkie and barely cried at all! Andi and I silently high-fived as we drove into the park. Maybe she's finally learning to tolerate her car seat?!

As much hype as Bahia Honda State Park had online, we actually thought it was a bust. The weather was windy and the beach was crowded. We took Tory on a little hike around the Bahia Honda Bridge and then headed back to the resort.
Love Tory rockin' this sun hat!
We spent the rest of the evening relaxing at our condo. Tory was exhausted and fell asleep around 7pm and I think Andi and I followed shortly. The exciting life of a family of three ...

2 comments:

  1. Love the last picture of Tory in her sun hat -- she is so adorable : )

    ReplyDelete