Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Letters to Tory: Nine Months

Tory,

Nine months in; nine months out. It's hard to believe I've been caring for you in one way or another for a year and a half now! Where does the time go?


I've enjoyed every single minute with you, but I have to say this age is truly my favorite. You are so much fun lately! I love watching your personality come alive and thus far, I think it's pretty cute how opinionated you are about your likes and dislikes. New loves this month are blocks, bubbles, baby dolls and cups. You dislike teething biscuits, having your face wiped after meals, sitting in the grass and being anywhere Mommy isn't.


This was a big milestone month for you. About a week ago, you started crawling and have never looked back. It's like a whole new world opened up and now you're a exploring machine! Daddy and I quickly baby-proofed the house and just in time. You're literally crawling up the walls, trying to stick your fingers in power outlets, lift the covers off floor vents and have already discovered the stairway. Thank goodness we were one step ahead of you.


This week, you also started pulling yourself up on the furniture. You're determined to learn how to walk (even though you just started crawling!) as you practice pulling yourself up on the bath tub and the living room sofa. I can't believe what a dare devil you are! Already you're holding onto the furniture with one hand as you attempt to balance and move alongside it. You're going to be walking before long and it's too much for me to comprehend. I'm equally excited for your achievements and silently pleading with you to slow down, baby girl. You're growing up so fast!


A big highlight this month was the addition of your first tooth. Unfortunately, you weren't one of those lucky kids who's teeth just magically appear. Some days, you seem pretty miserable as you slobber and chew on everything. With teething, you've developed a new sound -- whining, whining and more whining. Ugh! I feel bad for you, Tory Bean, and I try to do everything I can to make you comfortable. I'd like to believe the next few teeth won't be so difficult, but considering the way you're biting everything in sight this week, tooth #2 doesn't seem far behind.


One of the cutest things you do these days (in addition to waving / saying "hi" to every person you see) is dancing. Whenever any of your toys play music, you sway from side to side to the tune. I don't know where you learned this trick. You surely didn't get your love for dancing from me!


It's cabin season and we've already spent a few weekends this month at the lake. You went on your first boat ride over Mother's Day weekend. I was thinking the other day what a good little sport you are bouncing from our house to the cabin every weekend without issue. We also took you on your first road trip this month to Nebraska for Auntie Ashley's wedding celebration. Seventeen hours in the car with you was a loooong time, but overall you did fairly well. I can't say we'll be making a return car trip anytime soon. You may have been onto something all those months protesting riding in your car seat!


Yes, life with you has definitely been an adventure. The light in your eyes and contagious smile fill my heart with so much joy. I love you more than words can express, Tory Bean. You mean everything to me.

Love,
Mommy

2 comments:

  1. Happy 9 months sweet Tory! She is so darn precious, and that picture in the grass (that she supposedly hates) is too adorable. I really wish you guys weren't all the way across the freaking country from me. ::pouts::

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow - I can't believe Tory is 9 months. She really is a beautiful little girl!!

    ReplyDelete