Monday, May 21, 2012

On the Move

... and she's off to the races!

Tory started crawling this weekend.


Until now, Tory's been perfectly content doing a mad roll to get to where she wanted to go. Last week, she started rocking on her hands and knees and I knew my days of laying Tory Girl on a blanket and expecting her to stay there were numbered.

Andi and I drove to the cabin on Friday night and as we were unpacking groceries in the kitchen, I placed Tory down on the living room floor to play. She hopped up on all fours and hit full stride. Baby Girl hasn't looked back. She skipped right past the "arm crawl" stage to full-on crawling and she's fast, too. I haven't seen Tory roll as a form of transportation since she learned how to move this way.

What happened to my itsy bitsy baby? She's transforming into a mobile toddler before my very eyes. I'm equally excited to watch Tory discover a whole new world around her and heart broken she's growing up so quickly. With more movement comes independence and less interest in snuggling close to mommy. I'm concentrating hard on every moment the last few days as I never want to forget the exact moment my baby grew into a little girl.

3 comments:

  1. Go Tory go! It is so exciting and so sad at the same time.

    Charley is doing the army crawl, but now that Tory is crawling it should only be a few days before Charley does too haha. She likes to follow closely behind!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go, Tori! I like that my guy is taking it slow. He can walk (or take a few steps, at least), but prefers to crawl. I stare at him, hoping I won't forget what the adorable crawling looked like!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the mad dash for the iPhone! Cruz is a big fan already and I find myself wondering when we introduced the phone to him in the first place! Tory girl is such a cutie - what a fun time!

    ReplyDelete