Thursday, August 8, 2013

Park Play

Tory begged to go to the park yesterday so what's a mama to do but oblige?



We haven't been to the playground since the beginning of summer. I sound like a bad mama for not taking my child to play more often, but she's just a handful there with all the climbing and scaling of everything. It was becoming increasingly difficult for me to spot her through all the tunnels and big slides to ensure she didn't fall and break her neck. The girl has NO FEAR.

Turns out, Tory is now vocal enough to express her interest in going to the park and also knows the route there. "No Mama! Park! Park!" was shouted from the backseat of the car on our way to Target yesterday. The girl is persistent. I'll give her that.

I had a big "a ha" parenting moment minutes after we arrived at the playground: my baby girl is growing up FAST. Tory climbed on the playground equipment with ease. The incline tunnel she used to struggle to scamper through at the beginning of the summer? ZOOM! Scaled right through it, no problem. RUNNING over the drawbridge (eek!) and over to the bigger side of the playground equipment with monkey bars and moving steps. She was TALLER than the baby playground equipment with the steering wheels and small slides. There was a day not long ago that Tory struggled to move around on this tiny section. Amazing to see such an advancement in skill before my very eyes.









We moved into this house two years ago when I was nine months pregnant with Tory. We've been taking her to this neighborhood playground since she could walk or even before actually, when she was just big enough to fit into the kiddie swing. Oh my, how two years flies by.

8 Months Old
April 2012

13 Months Old
October 2012

19 Months Old
April 2013

20 Months Old
May 2013
23 Months Old
August 2013

1 comment:

  1. It is crazy the changes that happen between 18 months and 2 years. At 18 months they are still babies, but around when they turn 2 their physical and cognitive abilities skyrocket all of a sudden they don't need your help getting into and out of the car and are talking up a storm! Just today I thought Adelle was talking to me and when I asked her what she said, she replied "No Mama, I just pretendin'....it's my imagination." WHAT?!?!??? LOL!!

    ReplyDelete