Thursday, May 15, 2014

Mr. Live Inside My Bubble

A few weeks ago, my longtime friend Katie let her hubby loose on her blog for a Q & A session. It was so charming to read, I knew I had to steal the idea for myself. So, ...

Meet Mr. Live Inside My Bubble // aka: Andi // aka: Daddy-O (as Tory calls him)

Seriously difficult to find a photograph of the two of us / without a kid(s) in our arms

Andi's not like other guys, and that's exactly why I married him. I knew there was something special about him the minute we met on Denver's 16th Street Mall. He's smart, driven, charismatic and the only person in the world who thinks I'm funny. We're alike in many ways (especially where it counts: raising kids, how we want to live, decorating sense, etc.), and complimentary in so many others (i.e. money: he spends it; I don't).

Never in a million years did I think Andi would have the time in his busy running-a-successful-business daily life to answer questions for my little ol' blog. Nevertheless, I copied Katie's blog Q & A (with a few tweaks) and e-mailed the questionnaire to Andi. A few days later, Andi sent me back his answers. (Did I ever think he'd let me down?)


Let's hear what Andi had to say:

Q: What is the name of my blog?
A: liveinsidemybubble

Q: What do I typically write about?
A: Documenting the life of our family and internal thoughts of what's "in the bubble"

Q: How would you describe my style?
A: Pinterest meets SAHM meets suburban princess

(um, princess?)

Q: Where's my favorite place to shop?
A: Target

Q: What do you know about Pinterest?
A: I know that you get more repins than I do, style must be better

Q: What do you and I like to do together?
A: Laugh, travel, adventure

Q: Am I good at staying on a budget?
A: Yes, except when you go to Target

(Which is, like, everyday.)

Q: What do women keep in their purse?
A: You gave up purses the day Tory was born #diaperbaglife

Q: What do I do in my free time?
A: Ha, what free time?

Q: And what do you do in your free time?
A: ...... same as above. When we do have time we love to spend it at our cabin.

Q: What is your favorite thing about me?
A: That you roll with the punches.

Q: Least favorite?
A: I thought it took you a long time to get ready pre-kids, now add the kid multiple

(It should be noted I'm not the one who poops their pants the minute we're ready to walk out the door. Not that it's Andi who does either ... aka: it's the kids' fault!)

Q: What's my favorite accessory?
A: iPhone

Q: What's an acceptable amount to spend on a beauty item?
A: Let me check my AMEX statement ... well at least it's way less than you spend on kids stuff.

(Truth. $7 drugstore mascara for me; ALL. THE. DOLLARS on cute clothes for my kids.)

Q: What are my hobbies?
A: Being a Mom, blogging, traveling.

(This question made me realize I need to get some hobbies. Who am I anymore?)

Q: What's your favorite memory of us together?
A: Too many to count, more favorite memories based in life phases. I am happy to spend any extra minutes with you.

Q: What jewelry do I wear everyday?
A: Baby slime

(Ha! Sad, but true. Maybe you should change that Mr. Live Inside My Bubble and buy me some bling.)

Q: What's my favorite TV show?
A: Revenge now to replace How I Met

(He only knows this because I've been watching DVR'd episodes of Revenge in 8 minute increments while he puts Tory to sleep at night. Sadly, it's my own kid-free time of the day.)

Q: What's your favorite thing about being a dad?
A: Having those times when nothing is more important than the person you're holding.

(Awww.)

---
I found it interesting to hear Andi's responses to a few of the questions since I'm not a typical make-up / jewelry / fashion girlie-girl. I used to be, but I've really transformed into Sporty-Spice / Outdoorsy Girl since Andi came into my life. Though, I'm not surprised by the answers Andi gave either. They're exactly like him: cute, witty and to the point. 

A big thank-you to my husband for playing along! 

5 comments:

  1. Cute! I don't know if I could get uri to do that. It would be funny to see what he said.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how fun! : ) I am not sure Zach would play along with me but I am going to try!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. were you both living in the TC when you met in Denver? Or did you relocate after you met him? Either way, what a neat story. I hate getting asked what my hobbies are. Mostly because I don't feel like I have any. Sad. I don't think watching TV from 8-9pm counts as a hobby. But someday it will get better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ummm…when did being a mom become a hobby?! LOL! My favorite parts are the ones you felt the need to respond to…princess??? Hahaha!
    This was so great! It makes me want to have my hubby do it too - but I can't really see him playing along :( Can't hurt to try though!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I missed this post! Love the idea and am stealing!

    ReplyDelete