Friday, February 13, 2015

6/52 (A Weekly Photo Series)

A few photos from our week:

Playing in the snow, just before sunset, at the cabin this past weekend. I know the East Coast is getting pounded with snow this winter, but we're not too sick of it here just yet. There's only a few inches of snow on the ground which makes it easy for the kids to walk / crawl around and play. Actually, I think what makes this winter bearable are the mild temperatures we'd experienced. It's been warm enough -- in the 20's & 30's -- to be outdoors and that makes all the difference in beating the winter blues.  




---

Believe it or not, I've never made homemade playdough with Tory until this past week. (I think that might be some sort of sin in stay-at-home parenting.) Anyway, I finally remembered to buy some Cream of Tartar at the grocery store, so one afternoon this week Tory and I made red Valentine's Day playdough together. Tory helped me mix the ingredients together, I finished cooking it on the stove-top, and then she played independently for a solid hour afterwards.    



1 comment:

  1. Haha! I've only made play dough once. Since then it's been outlawed in our house, along with glitter. Luckily they get plenty of both at school :)
    Such cute little snow bunnies you have! I'm not sick of the snow yet either actually…just sick of being housebound. I grew up in Maine, I expect long winters. It's when we are snowed in for days (and days and days and days) on end that it gets to me!

    ReplyDelete