Wednesday, May 13, 2015

An Ode To My Children

Tory is ...

the daughter I always knew I'd have one day. In my dreams, I envisioned a smart, spunky girl with brown hair, brown eyes and olive-colored skin. My little girl and I would be best friends; we'd make crafts and bake cookies together. She'd share with me all of her greatest aspirations and fears -- no matter how big or how small -- and I'd always be there to love and support her with my arms open wide.

At 3 1/2 years, Tory is smart, sassy, compassionate and oh, so beautiful. She's everything I've always wanted in a daughter and so much more.

---

Aden is ...

the son I never knew I always wanted. I saw myself as a girl-mom but I never imagined in my wildest dreams I'd be lucky enough to call a sweet, sensitive boy my own. One with curly blond hair and bright blue eyes, no less! I couldn't have predicted how weak in the knees he'd made me feel when he snuggled his sleepy head into the crook of my neck, or how he'd always be my baby no matter how much time passed.   

It's too soon to tell if Aden will be a talker; a thinker; caring, or hilarious. Though, I do know this: there's something particularly magical about a mother and her son. That boy; he has my whole heart.

---

My two living miracles. I'm incredibly blessed to be their mama. 

No comments:

Post a Comment