Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Freeze Frame This Perfect Moment

I am so in love with my fiance.

What a great Memorial Day weekend we shared together. On Friday, we went up North to a friend's house to spend the weekend grilling, relaxing and boating. The couple we stayed with are work associates of Andi's and we had a great time getting to know them better. We have plenty in common - both love to travel, spend time outdoors, etc - and it was so refreshing to get to know someone new. Change up our surroundings a bit. The other couple is also about 10 years older than we are, more settled into life and have a child. Sort of like they're in the next phase in life. I mostly enjoyed spending time with them because it was a great forecast into our future. I found myself imaging Andi and I sitting with the neighbors, having cocktails by the file and toasting marshmellows with our kids someday. So relaxing and fun. The real American dream.

Times like these make me realize what a great fit Andi and I together. We get along so well; we have fun, we laugh and we truly enjoy our time together. I know we're making the right decision by taking the next step into marriage.

Speaking of marriage, we're nearing 2 months to the big date. I'm starting to get really excited. Plans are coming together. Only need to get Andi's outfit, reserve the dinner location and buy Andi's ring yet. Oh, and make a spa appointment for the girls, order flowers, send out our wedding website and finalize our photo locations ... guess we have a few more things to check off the list of To Dos. But ...

at the end of the summer, I'll be a wife. And I can't wait :)

No comments:

Post a Comment