5 Things ... (kind of a brain dump post):
1. Do you ever read a book or watch a movie and afterwards cannot get it out of your head? While in Thailand, I read the book Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen. My friend Ellie recommended it and I loved it! It's about an old man reflecting on his life in the circus. I can't believe this whole circus world existed back in the day. A good read - I totally recommend. And ... I'm dying to go to the circus the next time it's in town.
2. I dropped queso on my computer this weekend and now my quotation button doesn't work. Kinda hard to type now. Not happy about it.
3. New renters moved in upstairs this weekend. Let's call them S & S. They seem nice. It'll be different living with new people upstairs. Can't iron my clothes in my bra & underwear anymore (the girls who lived up their prior didn't mind). They'll have to learn our sounds (like Chloe barking, for one) and they'll have their own, I'm sure. Maybe I'll invite S & S over for a Let's Dish meal to start us out on the right foot ...
4. Did you hear about this? Sometimes you have to read something a few times before it really soakes in ... and this story is one. A Tires Plus mechanic found a live goat in some lady's car this weekend in St. Paul. It was spray-painted purple and gold with a shaved #4 in the side. I love football as much as the next guy, but this is extreme. And ridiculous. I'm still in awe ... shame on her for hurting an animal.
5. FINALLY rented the 4th Season of Weeds. And - I'm - officially - addicted. If you haven't tuned in to the show on Showtime - RENT THE DVD today. It's amazingly good ... and racy ... and delicious.