Friday, August 12, 2011

'Burb Life

Psst. Can you keep a secret?

I secretly love living in the suburbs.

I know, right! It's hard to believe two urban dwellers, who loved the ability to walk to bars and restaurants and movie theatres in their old 'hood have fallen in love with the quiet, spacious lifestyle the suburbs have to offer. Also, it doesn't hurt that our new house ROCKS. There's room to move around, places to put all of the gadgets we adults aquire and three different places for Andi and I to use the restroom. THREE! This doesn't seem like a big deal, but it's really a life changer. We've never been happier.

Last night, there was a flyer in our mailbox for a neighborhood parade taking place next week. Its the 25th year of the parade and organized by a Mom's Group in the neighborhood. How adorable is that?! The city mayor, a local news station anchor and a bunch of fire trucks, police vehicles and ambulances will be participating. The Mom's Group even has a Facebook page so I did a little creeping at work this morning to check it out. They organize playdates and meet once a month to plan activities for the kids in the neighborhood. It's the sweetest thing. Once Tory arrives and things settle down for us a bit, I think I'll email to join their group. It just melts my heart; that's what living in the suburbs is all about.

2 comments: