Tuesday, August 16, 2011

One month and all hell breaks loose

Yesterday marked the one month anniversary of closing on our new house. It's hard to believe it's been a mere 30 days. We've completed so many projects (and when I say WE, I should really say Andi), it doesn't even look like the same place. Coupled with the fact that all of my focus lately has been centered around baby, I can't even remember living somewhere else. Thirty days has really flown by.

To commemorate our 30-day anniversary, the House Gods decided to deal us with a "take that suckas" card. As I left for work in the morning, the garage door broke. It went up (and I drove my car out) but wouldn't close. I hung on the manual release cord, but couldn't get it to go down for the life of me and resorted to calling my husband at work (who wasn't very pleased to deal with my issue during his very busy day of meetings). It stinks being a girl - and one that's 9 months pregnant to boot - because what the heck am I suppose to do about it? Grrrr.

When I arrived home to a still-broken garage door, I came inside the house and noticed the stove's power had been turned off. Assuming the power had gone out while I was at work, I reset the clock and went on with my evening. A few hours later, Andi went to turn on the stove and realized there was no power to the stove at all. As in, it's broken. It has a red LOC light on and no reading of the manual dictates the issue. What the heck, House Gods?

Fortunately, our realtor gifted us a one-year home warranty which covers both of the above, BUT STILL! It's the last thing I feel like dealing with days before the birth of my first child and a house filled with visitors. We have two separate appointments with repairmen to fix each issue; it's just another thing to deal with. For Husband, I should clarify, I'll be busy birthing a baby.

Oh the joys of being a home owner ...

No comments:

Post a Comment