Saturday, November 30, 2013

Thanksgiving 2013

So much to be thankful for this year ...

Our beautiful newborn baby boy, Aden, who's the sweetest, most cuddly baby I've ever known. My heart is filled with love for the new little man in my life. I'm thankful for his safe delivery into my arms, for his health and for every three to four hour stretch of sleep he gives me at night.



Grateful for this little munchkin. Tory makes my heart so happy and I cherish every day we spend together. She's smart and funny and always keeps me on my toes. Love this little girl to the moon and back.



I thank my lucky stars for bringing this man into my life. Andi's my soulmate, my sounding board and my favorite person in the world. No one gets me like he does. No one makes me laugh the way he can. I love him more than words could ever express. Also? He takes the best selfies.


---

We had a wonderful Thanksgiving holiday, despite the day sneaking up on me a bit. I haven't quite settled into a new routine since Aden arrived. I'd normally be cooking up a storm and doing fun holiday art projects with Tory, but I haven't stepped foot into the kitchen or on Pinterest in days. No problem since Andi's mom and aunts pulled together a fabulous feast for Thanksgiving dinner at his Grandma's house on Thursday.

Great-Grandma Marion meeting Aden for the first time 

Cousin Laura and Aden

Lindsay and I

A Thanksgiving feast to feed Andi's great big clan

After Thanksgiving dinner, we drove up to the lake cabin for the rest of the holiday weekend. It was so relaxing having nothing pressing to do. We worked on little house projects, went for drives around the countryside, decorated the cabin for Christmas and best of all, spent time together as a family of four.


Frozen Pipe Lake

This was also Aden's first trip to Wisconsin. (The first entry in Aden's Places Book)! Unfortunately due to the time of year, he didn't make it outside much (to and from the car with a blanket draped over his car seat was pretty much the extent of it). But! We did enjoy many hours of cuddle time in front of the fire inside the cabin. Aden loves to be warm so he was in heaven cozied up in my arms or laying in his bassinet.





Saturday night, Andi and I decided to take the kids (kids!) to the "Can't Wait for Christmas" show at the Pipe Dream Center. First of all, I felt pretty brave that we even attempted an out-of-the-house Christmas activity, at 8:00pm no less, so soon after Aden was born. We've come a long way in our two years as parents, I'd say. Bravo! Andi and Heather. Second, we drive by this music venue on the way to the cabin and we've always wanted to check it out. The Christmas show seemed like the perfect opportunity. We'd heard the music programs at the Pipe Dream Center were "interesting" [read: weird] from some of our cabin neighbors, so Andi and I thought it'd be an adventure if nothing else.




Just goes to show, it pays to take a leap and try something new. The "Can't Wait for Christmas" show was awesome and it was even free! We sat in the back as not to disrupt others in the event our little kiddos started to melt down and we had to split. Tory and Andi stood in the back and swayed to the music while Aden slept in my arms. It was so fun and the perfect way to kick off the holiday season.

4 comments:

  1. Kids... yes! Almost two years later and I still can't get enough of saying that! So awesome that you took them out, isn't it funny how much easier things seem now that you're a veteran!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all the photos!! Looks like everyone is adjusting well. I can't wait to see you guys in just a few weeks : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! You are doing so great mama-ing two. Aden is so sweet and I can see how much he resembles Tori while also having his own characteristics. Will be fun to see how he changes in appearance over the year(s)!

    PS - OMG three cheers for you doing all those advent activities! I could hardly do a thing after Oliver was born!

    ReplyDelete