Saturday, November 28, 2009

O Christmas Tree

For those of you who rolled ot of bed in the wee hours of the morning to participate in Black Friday - I hope you found awesome deals that made the cold and crowds worth it. I myself did not partake. I'm not sure you could ever find me at a Black Friday. It's just not worth it to me. A: I think it's too early to decide what I'm buying for my friends and family and B: throwing elbows and ramming carts into others to wrangle the last DVD player is not something I"m willing to do. I'd rather pay extra for it. 

Instead, my day-after Thanksgiving tradition is decorating for Christmas. Every other year, I share this tradition with my parents in Nebraska (when it's our year to Celebrate Thanksgiving in Nebraska and Christmas in Minnesota). It's one of my favorite things to do with my mom and dad - we spend all day listening to Christmas music and pulling out childhood tree ornaments, antique Christmas tree displays passed down for generations and telling stories about where each item came from.

On Minnesota Thanksgiving / Nebraska Christmas years, I spend the day-after Thankgsgiving decorating my own house. I try to follow the same traditions (listening to Christmas music, reflecting on where each decoration came from) and it takes me ALL DAY to finish. Andi doesn't like to decorate (so I don't make him) but I can't wait for the day when I have a houseful of little ones who'll also help in the decorating!
I simply cannot wait to decorate for Christmas and I'm one of those who leaves their decorations up until February. I just love the warmth and happiness Christmastime brings all of us.

Here's a few photos of my little girl Chloe and our home ready for the holidays:






No comments:

Post a Comment