Wednesday, November 25, 2009

What I'm thankful for

My husband's the greatest.
Sometimes in the midst of life I forget how good I have it. And then other times, it hits me like a ton of bricks: I'm the luckiest girl in the world.

Andi's my best friend.
He's hansome, killer smart and makes me laugh like no one else does. We've been through a lot in the last 3.75 years ...
  • 1 dog
  • 2 houses
  • 2 boats
  • 3 sofas
  • 8 cell phones
  • 8 cars
  • 2 remodeling projects
  • 10 vacations
  • ... and our wedding
But one thing's remained the same: we're still as good together as the day we met on Denver's 16th Street Trolley.

It wasn't always like that for us. We've both been in other relationships where the going always seemed tough. And until I met my husband, I didn't realize there was any other way. It shouldn't be that hard - loving your best friend, your husband should be the easiest thing you do. Sure - everyone has their ups and downs. The best part is having someone who loves you unconditionally, despite those not-so-shiny moments, to ride that rollercoaster with you.

So, to my husband I say: Happy first holiday together as a married couple! May we celebrate many, many more holidays together. I love you always.

No comments:

Post a Comment