Thursday, November 26, 2009

Turkey Day 2009

Thankful for good family. We spent thanksgiving this year with Andi's family. Andi's mom Janie has been saying for weeks that my sister-in-law Lindsay and I were doing all the cooking. So we showed up at 9:00am this morning, pulled up our sleeves and put on our aprons to cook! Luckily, we have the very wise instruction of Janie, Andi's aunts and grandma.  Here's a few photos from our day. Hard to believe that after weeks of planning and six hours of cooking ... it only took 20 minutes until bellies were full and all the caos was over!

Chef Lindsay
We made dressing from scratch ... Lindsay's sauteing celery and onions

Stirring it all together
(with Janie's careful direction)

Judy and Janie chopping the bread for the dressing
Lindsay and I had great Turkey Day teachers!

Lindsay and Grandma

Who cleans the turkeys?
We play Rock, Paper, Scissors

Ha! I won - thank goodness!
(sorry Lindsay)

The dressing's coming together!

Brave soul Lindsay cleaning the turkeys



Food's in the ovens ... now we wait

We gained a little helper
Kiera came to cook (pictured here with her grandma Judy)

All the cooks together!

Our golden turkey - looks good ladies!

The feast!


So much to be thankful this year. Giving thanks for my parents, family and friends. Thankful for my husband and my new extended family. Praise God for I have been truly blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment