Thursday, March 8, 2012

11 Questions

Laura over at The Diniwilks tagged me in a fun little post and since I am a rule-follower by nature, I will not be able to sleep until I answer her request to play along. Enjoy!

Post a picture of yourself, tell us 11 things we might not know about you, answer the 11 questions asked of you, then write 11 new questions and tag some friends to play along (let them know you 
tagged them!)

Here's a photo of me in Austin this past weekend. Turns out, I don't have a lot of pictures without a baby in my arms anymore. I guess I need to work on that!

------
Eleven things you might not know about me:

1) I was born on Friday the 13th.

2) I still sleep with my childhood blankie.

3) In my hometown, people drive around in the country and drink beer for fun. It's called road-tripping. When Andi and I started dating, I asked him if he wanted to go road-tripping and he thought I was asking him to take a vacation.

4) In high school, most of my friends were boys.

5) I love chips of any kind. I don't discriminate.

6) I never flew on an airplane until I was 22 years old.

7) I love geniology and someday I want to visit the place in Germany where my dad's family originated.

8) When I was little, I dreamed of being a broadcast journalist. My parents have home movies of me "interviewing" my younger sister.

9) I love to be in charge, except around my husband. He makes most of life's little decisions about where to eat or what to do on the weekends and I'm totally fine with it.

10) My gums itch every time I eat steak.

11) I never carry a purse. I don't really need it; I just shove my wallet in the diaper bag or give my ID to my husband when we're going out somewhere fun.


------

Ok, onto Laura's questions:



1) What are your top five all-time favorite bands?
Top five! Geez, I don't think I have that many. I'm not a big music person. Well, right now I would say John Mayer, Jason Aldean, Tim McGraw, Dave Matthews Band and Taylor Swift. GAH, that was hard.

2) What are your top five all-time favorite books?

I just finished The Hunger Games trilogy and all three books were amazing. As a kid, I loved Where The Sidewalk Ends by Shel Silverstein and read every book in the Baby-Sitters Club series about a hundred times. Let's see, I just finished Bossypants by Tiny Fey which was a great, easy read and one more ... Baby Wise has been a good go-to reference for me in parenting.

3) What is the craziest thing you have ever done?

Some of my travel adventures with Andi have been pretty crazy. Scaling the side of cliffs, getting lost in the middle of a Jihad neighbhorhood in Paris, renting a scooter and driving through crazy traffic in Thailand. During those times, I always feel like it's safe until he makes a comment afterwards about how sketchy the situation was and I'm always like, "Dude! What the heck?"

4) What is your favorite treat?

Diet Coke. I try to limit how often I have one so when I "treat" myself, I always enjoy it. (Before I got pregnant, I was drinking like 3-4 a day!)

5) What are you the proudest of?

I'm proud of myself for living on my own before I got married and establishing a career (and living that life) before I became a mother.

6) What are you the most ashamed of?

We don't go to church all that often these days, and it's something that really bothers me. I'm very fearful my child(ren) will grow up without the strong religious foundation my parents gifted me.

7) What is your guilty pleasure?

Brain-less time to myself. Watching tv. Reading blogs.

8) What are you really, really good at?

Memory. I easily remember names, past characters I've seen actors/actresses play, family memories, etc.

9) What does your handwriting look like? (post a pic!!!)
I find it hard to write cards and letters these day because I so infrequently use handwriting to communicate. Darn you, technology!


10) Which chores do you refuse to do (or do your best to get out of)?
Taking out the trash. I leave it by the door for my husband. Any other chores, I don't mind doing ... even cleaning toilets!

11) Do you have any tattoos, body piercings, etc.?
No tattoos and I'm so happy I didn't jump on this bandwagon in high school / college. I do have my ears pierced and had my belly button pierced but took it out when I got pregnant.

------

... and now for my 11 questions:

1) Would you rather be poor and work at a job you love or be rich and work at a job you hate?

2) What is the single feature people comment about you the most?

3) What is your favorite part of the day?

4) Ever have an imaginary friend as a child?

5) What are the 3 most important things in your life?

6) What is your most prized material possession?

7) What did you do to receive the biggest punishment of your childhood?

8) Favorite and most hated smell?

9) What celebrity are you often mistaken for?

10) Are you named after anyone?

11) Biggest pet peeve?

------

Ok, now it's your turn to play along. I tag ... Jen, Katie, Jessie and Raising Snowpeas. Ready, GO! (If you play along, don't forget to post a link to your blog in the comments below this post!)

3 comments:

  1. JUST HAVE TO SAY I KNEW EACH AND EVERY ONE OF THOSE THINGS ABOUT YOU...EXCEPT THAT YOUR GUMS ITCH WHEN YOU EAT STEAK...WHAT THE HECK? THAT'S JUST WEIRD. HAHA. I FIND COMFORT IN THE FACT THAT YOU STILL HAVE YOUR BLANKEY...AS I DRIVE AND NOTICE IM "SOAKYING" I THINK, "WELL HEATHER STILL HAS HER BLANKEY SO ITS NOT WEIRD!" HAHA.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are so much alike, seriously. Minus the gums itching part...you weirdo! ;) But the purse thing, the being in charge, but not around hubs, the having a group full of boy friends, loving chips (and yes to Mexican! Chips and salsa!?), the Hunger Games + Babysitter's Club, the...

    Okay, I'll stop. Basically, we are the same person.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never been tagged in a post before, so this is fun!

    ReplyDelete